The practice of Carl E. Henley, D.D.S. is committed to excellence in dental care: where patients are treated as guests; where the modern techniques and state-of-the-art technology are available; where continuing education is considered a part of our responsibility to our patients; and where treatment is always provided in a caring and comfortable environment. This is our mission statement, and our promise to you. With advanced technologies, a variety of cosmetic, restorative, and general dentistry options, and TMJ treatment, our dentist helps patients attain beautiful and healthy smiles. We invite you to learn more about Dr. Henley’s dental practice, based in Naperville and serving Aurora, Illinois.
Our Dental Practice Provides TMJ Treatment and Neuromuscular Dentistry
Neuromuscular dentistry addresses the health and position of the jaw. When the jaw is not in proper alignment with the skull, symptoms can range from headaches and neck pain to chronic tinnitus (ringing in the ears). If you want to gauge the importance of the jaw’s ability to function at its best, consider that we bite down 2,000 to 3,000 times every day. When the position of the bite is off, even slightly, the surrounding muscles and joints have to work extra hard to compensate.
Many of these symptoms fall under the general heading of TMJ disorder, an often misdiagnosed condition that can be gently corrected through some of the procedures available at our practice. If you have been discouraged by the results you have achieved with traditional treatments and you are still suffering from TMJ disorder, we may be able to help.
Our general dentist, Dr. Henley, has additional training in neuromuscular dentistry and can also discuss the benefits of TMJ treatment with you at his dental practice in Naperville, near Aurora, Illinois. Dr. Henley will evaluate your TMJ disorder by performing a thorough exam, including an assessment of jaw function with the K7 CMS (Computerized Mandibular Scanning) unit. He will then create a TMJ treatment plan to ease your symptoms.
In addition to our TMJ and neuromuscular dentistry technology, our office is equipped with a range of advanced dental technologies. We offer digital x-rays that emit up to 90 percent less radiation than traditional film x-rays and drill-free air abrasion to remove small decay without anesthesia. In addition, our office features the revolutionary Waterlase® MD, an instrument that combines laser energy and water to do the job of scalpel and drill - without the trauma that has made people steer clear of the dentist's chair in the past.
We take full advantage of digital technology, incorporating the latest equipment to enhance your visit on so many levels. Intraoral cameras provide an up-close view of your oral health, while our computerized scheduling system lets us focus less on administrative duties and more on individual patient care.
Learn More about Our Dental Practice
When we say we want your experience at our dental practice to be comfortable for Aurora and Naperville patients, we mean it in every sense of the word. In addition to providing state-of-the-art dental care, we understand the importance of convenience – because you shouldn’t have to arrange your life around doctors’ hours. When you need dental care, we’re here to keep you smiling, with extended and evening clinic hours designed to accommodate even the busiest schedules. If you are in need of general dental care, a smile enhancement, or TMJ treatment, contact our staff today! During your consultation with Carl E. Henley, D.D.S., he will help you decide which options are right for your dental care.
Dr. Henley Featured in
"Best of Chicago" Issue
- Our Practice
- Cleanings & Prevention
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Dental Anxiety and Fear
- Dental emergencies
- Laser Dentistry
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Pediatric Dentistry
- Care for Your Child’s Teeth
- Dental Emergencies
- Dental Radiographs (X-Rays)
- Does Your Child Grind His or Her Teeth at Night?
- Early Orthodontic Treatment
- Eruption of Your Child’s Teeth
- First Visit
- Good Diet
- How Often Should Children Have Dental Checkups?
- How to Prevent Cavities
- Mouth Guards
- Pacifiers and Thumb Sucking
- Pediatric Dental Appliances
- Perinatal and Infant Oral Health
- Tobacco Use
- Tongue Piercing
- What is Pulp Therapy?
- What’s the Best Toothpaste for My Child?
- When Should Children Have Their First Dental Visit?
- When Will My Baby Start Getting Teeth?
- Why Are Primary Teeth Important?
- Why See a Pediatric Dentist?
- Xylitol – Reducing Cavities
- Periodontal Disease
- Causes of Periodontal Disease
- Mouth - Body Connection
- Periodontal Disease and Diabetes
- Periodontal Disease and Osteoporosis
- Periodontal Disease and Pregnancy
- Periodontal Disease and Respiratory Disease
- Periodontal Disease, Heart Disease and Stroke
- Signs & Symptoms of Periodontal Disease
- What is Periodontal (Gum) Disease?
- Antibiotic Treatment
- Bone Grafting | Periodontics
- Crown Lengthening
- Gum & Jawbone Corrective Treatments
- Gum Grafting
- Gum Recession
- Oral Cancer Exam | Periodontics
- Periodontal Scaling & Root Planing
- Pocket Irrigation
- Pocket Reduction Surgery
- Prophylaxis (Teeth Cleaning)
- Sinus Augmentation
- What is a Periodontist?
- Sedation Dentistry
- Headache & Neck Pain Relief
- Contact us